Just an FYI...

We are currently working on a project using Rev C BBB and RCN
3.13.11-bone12 kernel. We had been experiencing random reboots. Sometimes
multiple times per day and sometimes once per day, mostly at night. We
determined that the reboots were only occuring when the BBB was being
powered only from the 5VDC connector. We never saw a reboot when the BBB
was either powered from, or just connected to, the USB OTG port.

One of our engineers suggested that it might be a noise issue on the USB
OTG port and the way that the TPS65217C PMIC works in the system. The way
he explained it to me is that the PMIC is set up to default to the USB OTG
port for power. If you leave the USB OTG port open, or floating, while
powered from the 5VDC connector and then get noise on the USB OTG port then
the PMIC will attempt to switch to USB OTG port and finding that there is
no voltage there the system reboots.

What we have done to solve the problem so far: I made a pigtail cable for
the USB OTG port that simply ties the shield, ground and 5VDC together.
There is no 5VDC on the USB OTG port when not connected to a host machine.
Not a great final solution but it did prove the theory. With the pigtail
installed we never get reboots, it's been tested on several BBBs now and is
very consistent. So, reboots regularly without the pigtail and never with
the pigtail installed.

One other thing to note... On the schematic there are 4.7uF caps from both
the USB OTG and 5VDC lines to ground. We were thinking that this could
allow some relatively high frequency noise to pass to the PMIC. I don't
know what the response time, that would cause a switch over, is on the
PMIC. It's possible that something on the order of a .01uF - .1uF cap from
the USB OTG 5VDC line to ground might also solve the problem. This has not
been tested yet however.

Hope this helps...