I have a Beagleboard Rev. C2. I fired it up after not using it for a couple
of years. It booted the Always Innovating image I had installed. I decided
to try to put Debian on it. I used the flasher script to try to update
u-boot (thank you RobertCNelson). U-boot would lock up just after printing
out DRAM on the serial console.

I tried a bunch of different things and managed to get the flasher MLO
flashed to the NAND but nothing else got flashed.

I had been have better luck with x-loader so I downloaded x-loader source
version 1.5.1. It correctly identifies the revision of the board but will
not load u-boot. Hacking up x-loader source I have been able to figure out
that anything that gets loaded to the DRAM gets read back as all zeros.

My question is, is there anything that could happen in a bad write to NAND
that would interfere with DRAM? I had already hard coded the memory
configuration in x-loader so it was not relying on the configuration values
in NAND. I am thinking the DRAM is probably bad.