That was rude of me;  the answer was pretty much low hanging fruit, and I
didn't have the sense to look.
However I did have one glitch and I don't know that it's not important...

This is what I did:

# apt-get update
# apt-get upgrade
# cp /etc/apt/sources.list{,.bak}
# sed -i -e 's/wheezy/jessie/g' /etc/apt/sources.list
# apt-get update

At this point it became apparent that this line from my new
/etc/apt/sources file was not working:

deb [arch=armhf] http://debian.beagleboard.org/packages jessie-bbb main

I continued anyway with:

# apt-get update
# reboot

Things seem to have worked out.
But if someone sees a problem with that one repo not translating over
to "jessie" please let me know
(otherwise I'll just comment it out to get rid of the warnings)

Thanks.