I've held down the button you're suggesting for nearly 2mins and no change
from booting from uSD. Once I eject the uSD and reboot the BBB i'm able to
boot into to the eMMC, which is running the flashed version of ubuntu. I'm
simply attempting to run the ubuntu desktop now(from uSD), instead of the
console version (on eMMC).