dear bbb experts.

for the beaglebone black:

I was playing around with the ubuntu 14.04 and 13.10 images, but this may
not be the right route.  (on ubuntu, I can't get the fb to work right, X is
not installed, and it does not come up as 192.168.7.2.  so, maybe I was
going too exotic.)  are the linux distributions on
http://beagleboard.org/latest-images the two preferred distributions, as of
late 2014?  if so, the two distroes seem to be either debian or angstrom.
 the debian distro is about 7 months old,  the angstrom one is about 1.5
years old (although the flasher is 3 months younger than the distro).
 their ages seem curiously dated.  but if it works, it works!

what do jason and other BBB key developers use?  is angstrom or debian now
the right "supported mass" choice?

regards,

/iaw