2. If something happened to the BBB and somehow (im just thinking worst
case scenario) the BBB is not bootable (hardware still in working order
though) either during a drill or actual emergency, is there a way to get it
up and running QUICK? I'm thinking like a second (backup) SD card or an
image stored somewhere to re image the SD so it becomes bootable. Not sure
exactly how they work/boot.

In our product the BBB communicates with a web server, reporting
information and accepting a number of commands, including updates of our
software. If something crashes such that we can't communicate with it,
there is an SD card duct-taped to the bottom of the box (well, more
elegant, but you get the idea). This does mean that someone needs to be
physically present to effect a recovery, but that does not sound like a
limitation in your case. So far we've not needed to actually use this; it's
a safety net. I can't speak to your other questions.