> On Dec 18, 2014, at 00:29 , mark.e.ri...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Have you tried writing direct to the Video Frame Buffer, I have.

I wrote an app that used SDL, but it had to use (I think) a software frame
buffer, something about there not being support in the kernel for some hardware
frame buffer? I'm not sure what it was. But I'd love to be able to use SDL to
take over the entire display, and not use any kind of desktop or window manager
(that's just buckets of more code that slow boot/launch times).

For my app, fast update wasn't necessary (it was a process automation
controller-type thing), but it would be nice to be able to draw as fast as
possible with SDL.

Does this work now?

Thanks!

--