Sure, here are a number of things that come to mind:

   - All methods have asynchronous and synchronous forms (i2c has the
   synchronous form although it looks like it has the asynchronous form)
   - It offers more complete support for the SMBus protocols (quick
   command, send byte, receive byte, write byte/word, read byte/word, I2C
   block transaction (I2C block transaction are not part of the SMBus
   specification))
   - It supports plain I2C (see methods i2cRead, i2cReadSync, i2cWrite,
   i2cWriteSync)
   - It offers runtime information about the functionality supported by the
   bus/adapter (like 'i2cdetect -F 1', see methods i2cFuncs and i2cFuncsSync,
   see example
   https://github.com/fivdi/i2c-bus/blob/master/example/i2cdetect.js)
   - One i2c-bus object can handle multiple devices
   - Because it supports the SMBus receive byte protocol (see methods
   receiveByte and receiveByteSync) it's possible to scan for devices (like
   'i2cdetect -y -r 1', see example
   https://github.com/fivdi/i2c-bus/blob/master/example/i2cscan.js). This
   resolves https://github.com/kelly/node-i2c/issues/27
   - ...