Hello guys,
First of all I am running Debian distribution on BBB from the official
site.

   - Debian (BeagleBone, BeagleBone Black - 2GB SD) 2014-05-14
   <http://debian.beagleboard.org/images/bone-debian-7.5-2014-05-14-2gb.img.xz>
   - more info  <http://beagleboard.org/project/debian>- bittorrent

<https://s3.amazonaws.com/debian.beagleboard.org/images/bone-debian-7.5-2014-05-14-2gb.img.xz?torrent>-

   md5: 35877ce21e8ed0eb1bdc6819ad71c317
   -
   http://debian.beagleboard.org/images/bone-debian-7.5-2014-05-14-2gb.img.xz

The BBB has 5V/1A power source. When I try to connect external HDD to the
USB port, the HDD is not spinning at all it looks like there is no power
coming from the BBB USB port.

root@beaglebone:~# ls /dev/sd*
ls: cannot access /dev/sd*: No such file or directory

This is happening only until I restart the BBB board (and in case not to
unplug the HDD). No power comes from the USB port until I restart the board
with connected device (Not even charging the phone).

What I am trying to do is to plug the HDD and see the device in /dev/
without rebooting every time I connect a device. (For example I have 3
external HDD drives).