> Make sure the ttyO4 driver is loaded via the device-tree (use the
> dtb-rebuilder if needed), and setup the pin multiplexing with the
> installed-by-default "universal" overlay.  The intent is to provide
> user-mode control of pin multiplexing so you should be able to enable
> just the Rx/Tx pins or whatever combination of data and handshake pins
> are needed for your application.

Hello Charles,

I am about in the same situation. As far as I have understood the
"installed-by-default 'universal'" overlay is bound into the Kernel. Am I
right?
In that case, I see that the one bound into Robert's latest builds is
intended for BB-Black, and exports all pins that are not HDMI and not eMMC.
Also right?
However, I want to run the 3.14 on BB-White, and am in special need for
P8.03 P8.04 and P8.05, which are not exported as they are eMMC on the
BB-Black.
What is your recommendation for this situation?

Cheers, Guenter