Robert, so this would work in a pinch to modify files on the system in a
pinch to get a working system back after a bad modification ?

Pretty nifty either way I think.

So what about a possible g_multi, or even just g_serial for observing
kernel log on boot ? Maybe even some late u-boot messages, so perhaps a
serial debug cable would not be needed to troubleshoot some issues ? Just a
thought . . .