On 1/11/15, 12:34 PM, Chris Whittenburg wrote:

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 10:21 AM, Mashiat Sarker Shakkhar <mashiat.sar...@gmail.com <mailto:mashiat.sar...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Thanks a lot for your response. After downgrading the kernel, I
    got /dev/video0. The problem is, I cannot get an image from the
    camera. All I get is a black frame. I have tried both OpenCV and
    v4l2grab (https://github.com/twam/v4l2grab). The result was the
same black image.

A common issue with this camera is that it takes several frames for the automatic gain to kick in. Thus, you get black frames at first. Try capturing a couple hundred frames at the same time and then look at the last one.
Indeed, that did the trick. Thank you very much.

Regards
Shakkhar