kenuna...@gmail.com wrote:
> [-- multipart/alternative, encoding 7bit, 60 lines --]
>
>     [-- text/plain, encoding 7bit, charset: UTF-8, 26 lines --]
>
> Greetings, everyone!
>
> I want to set up my Beaglebone Black as a web server so that it can host a
> website.
>
> But I am extremely new to beaglebone and debian/linux systems so I am
> looking for advice on where to start, what to download and how to download
> it, or even recommendations on books to read on how to do this task.
>
> I have scoured the internet about web servers and beaglebone black but they
> have not been helpful. I am hoping experts or experienced programmers can
> help.
>
> I am using BeagleBone Black, Revision C that I believe comes pre-installed
> with debian (I assume so since when I bring up LXTerminal it says
> debian@beaglebone: ~)

The fundamental step you need to do is to install apache2 which is the
web server software for debian/BBB.

    $ sudo apt-get install apache2

However it does seem to me that you might need to read some more
general tutorials about how to do this sort of thing on a Linux system

Search for;-
    apache debian tutorial

and you'll find several helpful articles.

--
Chris Green
ยท