Interesting, I will (also) look into ro root solution, thanks!

Can I conclude that:

1. journaling ext4 is not as robust as me thought it was only capable of
restoring limited damage
2. Yanking power is corrupting the fs, *not* the eMMC.
3. and therefor we can repair the fs by reflash the eMMC without any
hardware damage done.

thx,
Michiel