Thanks for the suggestion.

The quadrature encoding system looks really cool.

For me right now, I've already got all of these events happening on the
PRU, and I just need to measure the time between them so a simple counter
is what I am after... and I've found one, so I will use it.

But I am still confused...

Why is it the DMTIMER2 running and not all of the others?
Why am I not able to access the registers of the other timers using devmem2?
Is there some other process that is using DMTIMER2 that I should be aware
of?
Timers are being called out in cape-universal, and then show up in
/sys/devices/ocp.3/ but how do I make use of them?

Answers to any of these questions would be super helpful!

Thank you,

Bill

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 7:35 AM, TJF <jeli.freih...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When this is your aim
>
> Am Montag, 2. Februar 2015 21:40:19 UTC+1 schrieb Bill Gray:
>>
>> ... to determine the RPM of motor ...
>>

> why don't you use a QEP module in the PWMSS-[1-3] subsystems? (Or, when
> you neither need position nor direction information, you can use the CAP
> feature on PWMSS-CAP[1-3] or TIMER[4-7].)
>
> BR

Bill Gray
Velkess
415 407 7356