as they describe here: https://docs.c9.io/autocompletion.html.
> What works is adding closing tags in html, but what I am missing is a
completition with javascript.

> An example:
>
> var http = require('http');
> http. => at this point I expect that after the dot I can choose
"createServer" from a list. At the homepage of c9.io they illustrate that
functionality.

> Because autocomletition is a very helpful feature, I don't want to miss
it. Everything else works fine:

> 1. Installing express (then npm install) and run the server works like a
charm, so I am able to code and bring my software to run.
> 2. In the preferences of the Cloud9 IDE there is a switch for enabling /
disabling autocompletition. This switch is turned on.

mean with an account at c9.io inside the "Cloud9- cloud" (nice pun)?
> On the beaglebone black is an open source standalone variant installed.
Could this be the reason why autocomletition doesn't work?
> Who could it bring to work?
>
> Thank you in advance,

First what version of the rootfs are you running? Cat /etc/dogtag ... The
may 2014 release has an ancient cloud 9 release. Upgrade to the latest
wheezy snapshot and you'll get a version of cloud 9 synced weekly with the
developers. Via apt-get..

http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian#2015-02-01

Regards,