I am running debian  3.8.13-bone47 on Beaglebone black and have a RTC cape
up and running (/dev/rtc1) together with chrony 1.24

If I manually run chronyd -s then it does load time from /dev/rtc1

I am wanting to be able to call trimrtc using chronyc and have inserted
rtcfile and rtcdevice into /etc/chrony/chrony.conf

rtcfile /var/lib/chrony/chrony.rtc
rtcdevice /dev/rtc1

If I don't insert rtcfile then when running *trimrtc* in *chronyc* I get
error of no RTC driver found. If I include the rtcfile, then I get message
of *OK* when running trimrtc but rtcfile is not read.

Looking at syslog, if I include *rtcfile* in *chrony.conf* then I get an
error "Could not start measurement : Invalid argument" but doesn't say due
to what. I I comment out declaration of rtcfile then I get no errors when
starting chronyd but trimrtc fails with error message of RTC driver not
found.

Has anyone gotten chrony to work on BBB running debian and able to
access/trim RTC?

Thanks
Colin