Donovan:

In your Molloy book, read about device trees, which set the default
assignment
of the I/O pins.  Also read about the pin-mux.  And related topics like
pin-mux helper
and device tree overlays.  Then find the reference in the book
to the BBBP8 and BBBP9 header file spread sheets on the web site for the
book
and down-load them.

There are up to eight different things that each pin can assigned to do.
The ones that are giving you errors have been assigned to do things other
than
PWM.  For instance, some are audio (mcasp0) pins, or some are LCD driver
pins.

There are multiple ways to reroute the functions, and change them from the
default assignments, to the functions you want.  But make sure that what
they
are doing is not important to the operation of the BBB. Enough of it is in
the book,
that you can figure it out.

And the next time you ask for help, be sure to say what version of BBB you
have,
and what kind and version of OS you are running, because the
answers/methods/rules
are different on different versions of OS and hardware.

--- Graham

==