> On Feb 19, 2015, at 7:28 AM, clemens.a...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> It has been quite a while since I played around with the beagle-xm and did
> some DSP coding.
> So I went ahead and used the trusty 14.04 image from
> http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardUbuntu <http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardUbuntu>,
> running 3.18.1-armv7-x2 as current kernel.
>
> Trying to avoid any pitfalls, how should I proceed from here?
> 1) Is there any support for the DSP integrated into that kernel, or is it
> required to use a special kernel?
> 2) Is there any tested/preferred method to get it to work, if not?
There is no support for DSP on the DM3730 after Linux Kernel V3.4. TI have
added support for DSP after V3.4 on the OMAPL138, OMAP5, AM572x
(Beagleboard-x15) and a few others I don’t recall. To support DSP on DM3730 on
the latest kernel, you need to add support for RPMSG/RemoteProc on the DM3730.

Regards,
John