ranadar,

Both . . . you can use g_serial, just like with any Linux that have the
modules built. Or, you can use a 3v3 USB to serial adapter( serial debug
cable / module, etc ). The advantage to a serial debug cable, is that one
can debug, and / or halt uboot pre kernel load. Any serial BBB developer
should have a serial debug cable . . .