Yeah, you probably mean this:

https://plus.google.com/+DrewFustini/posts/jUkFsbVJVHQ

Apart from some highly regarded bb'ners advising against it I'm not looking
for battery backup. I'm looking for easy automatic clean shutdown (aka
eacs).
In the plc world they're using a super capacitor to do the clean shutdown
(and save some data to flash).

I was hoping that with power supplied to the usb otg port I had an easy
solution. Now it seems I have to make a momentary switch to short pwr_but
for lees than 8 sec. or program a gpio to shut down the bbb when power is
removed.

Unless I understand why the bbb is shutting down clean with usb otg
connected to pc but not when usb otg connected to a battery. Comments
appreciated!

thx,
Michiel