Hello,

I got my beagle bone black (element 14) yesterday.
I connetcted a mouse to USB and a screen via HDMI.
After boot with out of box Angstrom it showed an empty desktop. Mouse
cursor was working, context menu (right mouse button) too but the desktop
stayed empty (no icons, no menus).
Is this the way it is supposed to? Last time I was using Raspberry Pi so my
expection is very different.
Than I flashed Debian (2015-05-14) to eMMC. It boots and seems to hang
right after claiming the "libphy: PHY 4a101000.mdio:01 not found" issue.
There is no GUI at all. Hard to belive that's the way it should be. I
attached network cable and rebootet (cold start). Error message aboutnet
eth0 comes now three times. Still no GUI. Despite the error message I can
ping the BeagleBone and also Beagle Bones http server is running.

Is this all the way it should be or shall I send the board back?

Thanks
Chilli