On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 1:49 PM,  <pietersydneythe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I need to recompile the debian 3.14 kernel but all the step by step guides I
> get all refer to 3.8.
>
> Does anyone know of a proper guide to get the latests beaglebone supported
> kernel running on my beaglebone black?

git clone https://github.com/beagleboard/linux
cd linux

Look at the tag's: https://github.com/beagleboard/linux/tags

git checkout 3.14.34-ti-r53 -b tmp

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- bb.org_defconfig

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- menuconfig (to make changes)

make ARCH=arm KBUILD_DEBARCH=armhf LOCALVERSION=-ti-r53
CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- KDEB_PKGVERSION=1cross deb-pkg

Copy *.deb to bbb, run: "sudo dpkg -i linux-image* ; sudo reboot"

Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/