On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 12:46 AM, Robert Nelson <robertcnel...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 5:29 PM, Nikos Parastatidis <para...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > is chromium for arm not available in debian repositories?
> >

> > i try to install chromium
> > apt-get install chromium
> >
> > and i get this:
> > Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
> > requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
> > distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
> > or been moved out of Incoming.
> > The following information may help to resolve the situation:

> >  chromium-browser : Depends: chromium (>= 10) but it is not installable
> > E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
> >
> > is there any repository that we bb users can use install chromium?
> >

> > is there any other browser for the current debian image that plays well
as
> > kiosk mode ?
>
> I'm working on it...  Chromium takes a ton of memory at the linking
> stage 2.3Gb+, most armhf boards only have 2GB...
>
> Just recently picked up an omap5 with 4gb, but u-boot's only seeing
> 1gb as of last friday, so gotta fix that first..
>
> Previouly i had tried using an A80 based board, but it's kernel wasn't
> lpae enabled (yet) and ran out of memory at 2.3GB used.  For that
> hardware a mainline u-boot is still a few months away.
>
> So yeah, till then use either "firefox/iceweasel" or "qupzilla" which
> i built off qt5, so it's kinda neat..

> Robert Nelson
> http://www.rcn-ee.com/

beagleboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

i just found a solution for my project
it midori! :-) i never used it before and it supports websockets witch is a
feature of my application!
its simple as apt-get instal midori for arm
i start it like:
midori -i 120 -e Fullscreen -a 127.0.0.1 -p

and it rocks!
when i get my mini hdmi to vga and audio adapter i will test the midori
capabilities of playing html5 <audio> elements

don't suggest not to bother building chrome in a such lightweight machine
midori looks pretty webkit compatible

Nikos

PS: nice job on Debian Image 2015-03-01 just plug the micro sd card with
the flasher image, reboot  and automatically flashes emmc without the need
to press any buttons (you need to document this feature)