Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 22:20:36 -0700
Subject: Re: [beagleboard] Setting up Starterware in CCSv6
From: yyrk...@gmail.com
To: beagleboard@googlegroups.com

Okay . . . so why not just use uboot ? You need something to bring up the
board, may as well use what everything else is using too . . .

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 10:16 PM, Tom Olenik <tole...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Has anyone found a set of instructions for setting up StarterWare in CCSv6
running on Windows that is confirmed to work for the BBB? I don't want to use
the BBB with an OS. I really only want to get the libraries for the hardware
abstraction layer if I can so that I can jump into C code.
I've found several sets of instructions in various places that all seem to be
different, and none are building correctly. I seem to be missing function
definitions. The header files are there, but I can't find where their
definitions are anywhere. The best set of instructions I've found are
here:http://anthonymerlino.us/uncategorized/getting-started-with-beaglebone-black-bbb-and-starterware

However, I am still having problems getting anything to build. I have installed
the Beaglebone Black patch AM335X - 02.00.01.01.patch1.
I also notices that if when I create a target configuration CCS and select
BeagleBone_Black it identifies the processor as an AM3359 and not an AM3358.
All the documentation I have says it should be an AM3358 and I can see AM3358
printed on it.
I have confirmed that CCS is working and was able to get the simple hello world
program to run through JTAG on my first try. BTW, I found the following very
good for getting the JTAG
working:http://blog.parr.us/2014/11/14/beaglebone-black-debugging-via-ti-usb100v2-jtag-emulator/