Hello,

I'm seeing UART overflow errors when attempting to stream data at 115200
baud. Every Any reduction in baud rate would result in an unacceptable
slowdown for my application.

Every time my application drops a byte I can see that an overflow error has
occurred by:
$ cat /proc/tty/driver/OMAP-SERIAL
0: uart:OMAP UART0 mmio:0x44E09000 irq:88 tx:3882 rx:0 RTS|CTS|DTR|DSR
1: uart:OMAP UART1 mmio:0x48022000 irq:89 tx:580 rx:1087644 oe:2 RTS|CTS|DTR
|DSR|CD|RI

I've tried to work around this by switching kernels (3.8.13-bone41 to TI
SDK 7's 3.12.10-ti2013.12.01) and have even tried to hack some higher
interrupt priority assignments for UART1 into the 3.8 kernel but have had
no luck in fixing or even reducing the issue (admittedly I'm a newbie when
it comes to modifying the Linux kernel).

 I would very much like to hear from anyone who has experienced this
problem or has a suggestion on how to fix it.
Thanks!