@Harvey

Ah, good one ! I was just thinking "inverter" when I saw your post, but I
am not an electronics engineer by any stretch of the imagination . . .
wasn't sure it would work.

@Winston.

OK, my bad. I was actually thinking this could be the case, but was unsure.
Harvey's suggestions seems plausible though.