Hello there,
I am following Derek Molloy's book on pru programming and I have run into a
problem. I have my user space c++ application build on a remote x86 linux
pc. I am using cross compiler there to deploy executables to the BeagleBone
Black. So far it was working great but it does not with pru. Is there a way
to download the pru package to the host machine and be abble to use
-lprussdrv linker flag? I tried compiling the package on BeagleBone Black
and then to copy the:

 „libprussdrv.a”
 „libprussdrvd.a”
 „libprussdrvd.so”
 „libprussdrv.so”

to the /usr/lib/ and cross compiller lib/ folders on my host machine. The
code then compilled with the linker flag but i had seg fault on the
BeagleBone Black when trying to run the part of code where i open the asm
.bin file.

The problem is also that I am not able to compile the example code on the
BeagleBone Black. I have placed the include and lib files in the /usr/lib/
and /usr/include/ dirs of BeagleBone Black. This is the example code:
https://pastebin.com/nSsgU7Mk

When trying to compile using (on bb) gcc test.c - test -lprussdrv i get:
https://pastebin.com/nE3dAQ7b

I am wondering either the pru header file has acces to the .c file? Or is
it handled by the library? Should I place the prussdrv.c file somewhere for
the header to see it?

I would really aprichiate all help.