Reading through the revision 5.6 reference manual section 8.1.1 (LCD pins),
it seems that configuring those pins out of order could create real
electrical problem.

this is the relevant text:
If you are using these pins for other functions, there are a few things to
keep in mind:
 On the HDMI Framer, these signals are all inputs so the framer will not
be driving
these pins.
 The HDMI framer will add a load onto these pins.
 There are small filter caps on these signals which could also change the
operation
of these pins if used for other functions.
When used for other functions, the HDMI framer cannot be used.
 There is no way to power off the framer as this would result in the
framer being
powered through these input pins which would not a be a good idea.
 These pins are also the SYSBOOT pins. DO NOT drive them before the
SYS_RESETN signal goes high. If you do, the board may not boot because you
would be changing the boot order of the processor.
In order to use these pins, the SW will need to reconfigure them to
whatever function you
need the pins to do. To keep power low, the HDMI framer should be put in a
low power
mode via the SW using the I2C0 interface.