> *Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined *

Is related to the first error. Most probably because you're using the
JQuery '$' symbol in your own code.

But the first error makes it sound as though you're not using matching
brackets properly. Which is kind of silly, since it's an opening bracket.
So, I'd check for typos in your files . . . on all the lines prior to the
line where Chrome's element inspector says it's having an error.