On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 1:14 PM, Daniel Barbosa <ee10...@gcloud.fe.up.pt> wrote:

> The microphones I'm using (they are the Playstation Eye, a video camera with
> a mic) have a light that turns on when they are powered up, and they have
> the light on. They get listed as USB devices (using the 'lsusb' command), so
> they are indeed connected. However, when I list the recording devices (not
> the USB devices) connected to the BBB, nothing gets listed (if I connect
> just 1 mic directly to the BBB, it gets listed as a recording device). I
> haven't tried another hub, but it seems odd to detect the mic as a USB
> device and not as a recording device when it's connected to the hub. To be
> honest, it seems to be a software issue, some configuration of ALSA but I'm
> not sure.

I agree, it does look like software. Does this setup run on your
desktop PC? I'd debug it on desktop and then start looking for
differences vs. the BBB. Sound is tricky: at the moment I don't have
sound on my own desktop (I think it's a confusion between the
motherboard sound card and the HDMI sound) and I have failed fixing it
so far.