A problem like this is hard to solve . . . from over here . . . without any
solid information. As it stands, the only thing I can think of. Would be to
*somehow* log into the beaglebone. The only way that comes to mind is by
using a serial debug cable / device.

There are surely many potential causes for this problem. But without
logging in *somehow* and troubleshooting directly on the beaglebone . . .
Yeah that just turns into hit /miss guessing.