Hi,

I have been reading/testing information regarding Device Tree, GPIOs since
I updated to 3.14, where bone_capemgr.* has dissapaeared, trying to
understand how everything works. I have been surfing around this board and
I have some ideas about how it works, but I haven't figured out it yet.

I have attached a proto board and I created the device tree and loaded it
using the dtb option in uEnv.txt. I think that it's loaded correctly
because I disabled the can ports and they aren't loaded anymore.

I have the following two paths:

/sys/devices/44e10000.control_module
/sys/devices/44e10800.pinmux

And these paths too:

/sys/devices/ocp/*.gpio|.i2c etc... (* = 40300000 ... 56000000)
/sys/devices/ocp/cape-universal
/sys/devices/ocp/ocp:*.pinmux (* = P8_07 ... P9_91)

And finally regarding GPIOs:

/sys/class/gpio/export
/sys/class/gpio/gpiochip* (* = 0, 32, 64, 96)
/sys/class/gpio/unexport

I can use the GPIOs after exporting them, and the behaviour is correct, so
as I said, everything looks that works fine.

Questions:

   - Is everything correct this way ?
   - How can I export gpio pins at boot so I have them available ? Is there
   any option in u-boot/kernel for this ? Should I create systemd service ?
   - I have been reading about beaglebone-black-pinmux and
   beaglebone-universal-io too, how they fit in this setup ? Is config-pin
   related with exporting gpios on boot ?

Thank you,

Best regards,