On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 2:45 PM, Brendan Merna <bmerna...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have shored out my data pins on P9 and I keep seeing tutorials and code
> running SpiDev test program? I've tried to run and it says no files exists.
> Where are people getting this file?

spidev_test.c is available from kernel.org

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/spi/spidev_test.c

There's also a version for the BBB that can be found in Derek Molloy's
repository for his book:

git clone https://github.com/derekmolloy/exploringBB.git
then look for ../exploringBB/chp08/spi/spidev_test.c