I'm sincerely sorry if this is a dupe, but I cannot find the note I
intended to post an hour ago...

I have followed the instructions
here: http://elinux.org/CircuitCo:Audio_Cape_RevB

I compiled the given dts file to obtain the dtbo.  I have disabled HDMI
(and HDMIN).  And I've added the new device:

 0: 54:PF---

 1: 55:PF---

 2: 56:PF---

 3: 57:PF---

 4: ff:P-O-L Bone-LT-eMMC-2G,00A0,Texas Instrument,BB-BONE-EMMC-2G

 5: ff:P-O-- Bone-Black-HDMI,00A0,Texas Instrument,BB-BONELT-HDMI

 6: ff:P-O-- Bone-Black-HDMIN,00A0,Texas Instrument,BB-BONELT-HDMIN

 7: ff:P-O-L Override Board Name,00A0,Override Manuf,BB-BONE-AUDI-02

I do not have an Audio Cape (they're sold out everywhere) but a scope on
P9_28 is a flat line when I push sound out:

$ ./pcm -D default:EVM

(pcm is the sine-wave generator in the alsa examples list, and it plays a
tone just fine out the USB port with a Turtle Beach Amigo II USB adaptor)

However, P9_25 does go from a sine wave when not running the above pcm
program, to another sawtooth/sine wave half that frequency when I do run
it.  None of the other pins (28, 29, 31) show any life.  I have no idea
what's going on nor how to approach debugging this.

Linux beaglebone 3.8.13-bone47 #1 SMP Fri Apr 11 01:36:09 UTC 2014 armv7l
GNU/Linux

BBB Rev C