Hello,
I'm trying to set user limits by editing limits.conf

debian@beaglebone:~$ cat /etc/security/limits.conf
@audio - memlock 256000
@audio - rtprio 99
@audio - nice -19

The debian user is in the audio group yet when I ask for the current limits
I get:

debian@beaglebone:~$ ulimit -a
core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
scheduling priority             (-e) 0
pending signals                 (-i) 3803
max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) 64
open files                      (-n) 1024
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
real-time priority              (-r) 0
stack size              (kbytes, -s) 8192
max user processes              (-u) 3803

after reboot, neither the max locked memory nor the real-time priority are
being changed...
Any ideas where I could start?

I'm using the Debian Image 2015-06-29 Jessie snapshot.

Thanks!
Ivan