Hi Marlon,

On 07/09/2015 07:30 PM, Peter Hurley wrote:> Using the BOTHER method of setting
a custom baud rate is roughly
> outlined in the stackoverflow link noted by William.
>
> I hacked up a quick test to set this baud rate in an i/o validation
> test jig and confirmed with a scope the signal period of ~173.6 us

I understand that was probably too much information :)
So I forked the github gist from the stackoverflow answer and cleaned it up.

Here's what you need to do to get this working. At the console prompt on your
beaglebone:

$ # install compiler, include files, basic libraries, etc.
$ sudo apt-get install build-essential

$ # get source file from github for program that allows you to set any baud in
linux
$ wget
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/peterhurley/fbace59b55d87306a5b8/raw/220cfc2cb1f2bf03ce662fe387362c3cc21b65d7/anybaud.c

$ # compile program
$ gcc -o anybaud anybaud.c

$ # run program, but substitute your tty device name
$ ./anybaud /dev/ttyS4 5760

Regards,
Peter Hurley