Hello Yves,
It is nice to know that it is really possible to make this setup work. I
have struggled with this quite some time without success. My BBB runs
Ubuntu 12.04 and CUPS 1.5.3 and I can log into its web site and add
printers and printer drivers. All is fine - but - I just cannot print.
Printing on a client returns something about waiting for authentication,
and printing from the console of the BBB returns "lp: Not allowed to print."
I have searched and followed various recipes without success. And I have a
feeling that my cups.conf is still not 100% correct. I wonder if you might
have some hint up your sleeve - maybe a working sample cups.conf that I
could use to test on or something else that can get me out of the swamp.

Cheers
Gunnar