More detail is needed.

Are there files on the eMMC that you need to preserve ?

Anyway, I see no instructions on the link you gave. Just a bunch of "posts"
from some source about people talking about various things, perhaps some of
it is related to your problem.

To make a proper backup in my own opinion. You need to use either dd, or
tar. Then in the case of recent images, you're going to have to use dd
anyway to preserve the MBR ( Master Boot Record ) which contains the files
MLO, and uboot.img.

Anyway, I need to know exactly what you're situation is *right now*, and
what you're hoping to accomplish. Before proceeding further. But if you've
wiped the eMMC already, and you're "backup" is incomplete. Then there may
be no other recourse than to start over fresh again . . .