I am getting this error when trying to run my php script:

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function json_encode()

It turned out that the root cause is php not supporting json extensions, I
did some googling and found the fix, but the fix is not working:
---------------------------------------
sudo apt-get install php5-json
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  php5-json
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 17.2 kB of archives.
After this operation, 105 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Err http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/ saucy/universe php5-json armhf
1.3.1+dfsg-2
  404  Not Found [IP: 91.189.88.151 80]
Failed to fetch
http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/pool/universe/p/php-json/php5-json_1.3.1+dfsg-2_armhf.deb

404  Not Found [IP: 91.189.88.151 80]
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with
--fix-missing?
I checked that url and the file is not there. I am completely stuck at this
point.

does anyone know how to install php5-json?

Thank you.