Hi,

This might be a very stupid question, in which case I apologise - but I've
read through all the source code
I can find without understanding why.

So, when using the pre-installed image on a Rev C BBB and running one of
the examples - say "demo_blinkled", the
board responds more or less immediately. But, when running the exact same
program "manually" from the CLI over SSH,
it takes at least 3-5 seconds before the board reacts.

My conclusion is that this time is basically the board loading the
node-environment on script start when running from the CLI, but
that the page presenting demos on the pre-installed image are already
running within this environment and thus, of course
doesn't need to start it.

Is it this simple or is there some kind of optimisation I just can't find
in source code anywhere?

Many thanks,
Daniel