The BeagleBone's omap-serial driver doesn't support RS-485 DE/RE control
with the RTS flow control signal. Instead it has an RS-485 mode using a
GPIO pin for DE/RE control, and has a modified serial_rs485 struct from the
standard serial driver. You have to use ioctl on the corresponding
/dev/ttyOx file to put the serial driver in RS-485 mode and tell it which
pin to use, and you also have to take care of muxing the pin to GPIO mode.

So with the jumper in the RTS position that would be the GPIO signal that
shares the pin with the UART4 RTS signal, so that's GPIO0_9 on P8.33. Or
you can put it to the GPIO1_16 position and use GPIO1_16 instead. (I
believe GPIO1_16

There's a tutorial here:
http://inspire.logicsupply.com/2014/09/beaglebone-rs-485-communication.html

Also, I believe RS485B is the inverting output, so you have your +/-
swapped.