It should not be. But you need to capture what the failure is by monitoring
the terminal output continuously...

It could be the power supply. Current rating?
Is it in a box?
Is it running from a SD card?
What is the connectivity method, RJ45? WIFI?
Is there a cape?

More information will help.

Gerald

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 6:01 PM, <keener9...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a BBB that works fine in the den but when I move it the garage it
> eventually fails to maintain connectivity and by the looks of the lights,
> it is failing internally - but there's no way to see.
> The garage does get up to the 90s F. could that be the problem?
>
> On Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 9:56:29 AM UTC-5, George Lu wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I could not find in SRM discussion of the rated operating temperature of
>> the BBB as a whole.  Is this information available somewhere?
>>
>> In SRM Rev A5A I see that the AM3359 processor is rated for -40 to 90
>> degrees C.  Micro's page
>> <http://www.micron.com/parts/nand-flash/managed-nand/mtfc2gmtea-wt> says
>> mtfc2gmtea-wt is rated for -25 to 85 degrees C. I suppose there might be
>> tighter constraints from other components.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> George

Gerald

ger...@beagleboard.org