The eMMC will die when it runs out of space. If a sector goes bad, it gets
marked as bad and you loose the space. It is all handled by the controller
inside the eMMC. Very similar to a Solid State Drive.

MTBF depends on how you are using it. Most likely thing to fail would be
the processor so you can use the MTBF of that devices. BBB is development
board, not an industrial solution.

If you run this all full speed and high temperature, the MTBF will be
shorter.

I believe we are already at 5.0 on eMMC, assuming all features are
activated via the kernel.

Gerald

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 7:11 AM, Philippe Frossard <
philippe.fross...@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
> I don't want to change the eMMC chips ...
> I just want to know when the eMMC chips go to the end of life ...
> And, also change the BBB (not the eMMC chip) !
> Are there informations to know the MTBF of the BBB ?
> Or wait a BBB with eMMC 5.0 ...
> Thanks.
>

> Le 27/08/2015 15:31, Gerald Coley a écrit :
>
>> I have never heard of anyone having to replace and eMMC on the BBB.
>>
>> If you are using it a lot then I suggest that you put a bigger one on.
>>
>> Gerald
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 4:50 AM, Philippe Frossard <
>> philippe.fross...@free.fr <mailto:philippe.fross...@free.fr>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi,
>>     Could we get eMMC health (KE4CN2H5A),
>>     I read about eMMC 4.5 and the health is not available ...
>>     How to know when we need to change the BBB ?
>>     A link for more informations about Kingstone eMMC
>>
>> http://download.siliconexpert.com/pdfs/2014/6/10/4/18/30/859/kngs_/manual/kingstonembeddedmemorymar14.pdf
>>
>>     --     Philippe Frossard

>>     --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
>>     Google Groups "BeagleBoard" group.
>>     To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
>>     send an email to beagleboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
>>     <mailto:beagleboard%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.

>> Gerald
>> ger...@beagleboard.org <mailto:ger...@beagleboard.org>