On link
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/gpio/sysfs.txt
it is talked about gpio

It has comments:

Note that standard kernel drivers exist for common "LEDs and Buttons"
GPIO tasks:  "leds-gpio" and "gpio_keys", respectively. Use those
instead of talking directly to the GPIOs; they integrate with kernel
frameworks better than your userspace code could.

What category does GPIO in BeagleBone Black belong to?

What is about the built-in GPIO in my AM3358 SK board?

Thanks,

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 10:19 AM, RJ Wang <rxjw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks. I just got feedback from e2e forum. GPIO is built in on my board.
> I know loadable module but not built-in module.
> I have not found any info on built-in module.
> Do you know where I can learn on built in module?
>
> Thanks,
>
> On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 9:20 AM, RJ Wang <rxjw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It looks like the question is not related to NFS. When I use sdcard file
>> system. It still has no gpio module. See below please.
>> Thanks,
>>
>> root@am335x-evm:~# lsmod
>> Module                  Size  Used by
>> bufferclass_ti          5396  0
>> omaplfb                12042  1
>> musb_dsps               7319  0
>> musb_hdrc              54316  1 musb_dsps
>> snd_soc_evm             5589  0
>> pvrsrvkm              177007  6 bufferclass_ti,omaplfb
>> wlcore_sdio             5153  0
>> compat                  2624  1 wlcore_sdio
>> cryptodev              32483  1
>> lis3lv02d_i2c           3153  0
>> lis3lv02d              14936  1 lis3lv02d_i2c
>> snd_soc_tlv320aic3x    40349  1
>> input_polldev           3345  1 lis3lv02d
>> snd_soc_davinci_mcasp    15606  2
>> musb_am335x             1217  0
>> root@am335x-evm:~#
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 8:49 AM, RJ Wang <rxjw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The lsmod online help says it reads /proc/modules.
>>>
>>> The SK board is using NFS TFTP, see below please.
>>>

>>> root@am335x-evm:~# cat
>>> /proc/cmdline
>>> console=ttyO0,115200n8 root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=192.168.0.109:
>>> /home/u64rj/ti-proces
>>> sor-sdk-linux-am335x-evm-01.00.00.03/targetNFS,nolock rw
>>> ip=dhcp
>>> root@am335x-evm:~#