It depends a lot on what you are using. Are you programming in C or
assembly? I'll assume you are using TI's compiler (since pasm doesn't
really use linker files).

If you are programming in assembly, then you don't really care about most
of the stack and other constructs the compiler will create. What this
memory map is saying is that you have 8kB of instructions and 8kB of data
RAM. The ARM core can access that data RAM and write on that. I've only
programmed the PRU in asm, so I don't really know how it would go for C.

BTW, the information you are looking for is in TI's compiler manual
(http://www.ti.com/lit/ug/spruhv7a/spruhv7a.pdf). You might find the
assembly language description from
http://www.ti.com/lit/ug/spruhv6a/spruhv6a.pdf useful.

Cheers,