<http://engine.adzerk.net/r?e=eyJhdiI6NDE0LCJhdCI6NCwiYnQiOjAsImNtIjoxODY2MjQsImNoIjoxMTc4LCJjayI6e30sImNyIjo2ODQyODIsImRpIjoiY2M1NjhlMTM5ODI3NDVmOWFiZTg2M2RkZDM4ODIxZWIiLCJkbSI6MSwiZmMiOjcwODQzNiwiZmwiOjQzMTc4MCwiaXAiOiIxLjE4Ni45Ni41NCIsImt3IjoiYysrLGVjbGlwc2UsY3VybCxiZWFnbGVib25lYmxhY2sseC11c2VyLXJlZ2lzdGVyZWQiLCJudyI6MjIsInBjIjowLCJwciI6MTYwNCwicnQiOjEsInJmIjoiaHR0cDovL3N0YWNrb3ZlcmZsb3cuY29tL3VzZXJzLzUzMTYyMDcvc2hyYWJhbmktZGFzIiwic3QiOjgyNzcsInVrIjoidWUxLTdlZGRiZGMwMWYzYjQzN2JhMzkxYzZhYTk2NTBkZTljIiwiem4iOjQzLCJ0cyI6MTQ0MzYxOTkzNDI3MiwiYmYiOnRydWUsInBuIjoiYWR6ZXJrMTc1MDUxODk4NiIsInVyIjoiaHR0cDovL2NhcmVlcnMuc3RhY2tvdmVyZmxvdy5jb20vcHJvZHVjdHM_dXRtX3NvdXJjZT1zdGFja292ZXJmbG93LmNvbSZ1dG1fbWVkaXVtPWFkJnV0bV9jYW1wYWlnbj1lbXBsb3llcnMtc3VwZXJoZXJvZXMmdXRtX2NvbnRlbnQ9bGItc3VwZXJoZXJvZXMifQ&s=7_o3xfS-x7Mpumg1eVtTzb637lE>
up vote 0 down vote favorite
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32866914/cross-compiled-glibc-causing-build-error-in-beaglebone-black#>

The host is BBB running the Angstrom distribution Angstrom Distribution
(BeagleBone Black - 2GB eMMC) 2013-09-04.I am trying to cross compile curl
code for the host.

I am running the GCC cross compiler (arm-linux-gnueabi) inside Eclipse
under Ubuntu 14.04 on Intel 32 bit machine.

It seems that the BBB comes with glibc-2.17 It seems that my eclipse
project running with GCC cross tool chain comes with glibc-2.19

As long as I compile simple programs, things compile and run.

As soon as I start to do curl programming for HTTP post I get run time
errors. "/lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.17' not found (required by
/usr/lib/libcurl.so.4)"

Can I update the BeagleBone black glibc-2.19 without breaking other things
in the distribution?

Kindly guide me to solve glibc build.