> On Oct 6, 2015, at 12:25 , Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> wrote:
>

>> On Oct 6, 2015, at 06:58 , Robert Nelson <robertcnel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 3:12 AM, Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> wrote:
>>> In 3.8.13-bone72, where are the overlays? I've grep and find searched the
>>> entire disk looking for BB-BONE-AUDI-02*, and I don't have it except in my
>>> home dir. But when I try to load the overlay, it works just fine. How can
>>> this be? It's not in initrd, or anywhere else I know to look.
>>>
>>> This is extraordinarily frustrating, because if it's loading nonexistent
>>> DTBOs, then I can't tell what works.
>>
>> With 3.8 they are built-into the kernel.. do a binary zdump of
>> "vmlinuz/zImage" and you'll find them..
>
> What repo/branch has the .dts files for this?

Nevermind, I think I found it (3.8.13-bone72 in bb-kernel). I ran into errors
with build_deb.sh, but it applied the patches and I found the two
BB-BONE-AUDI-0X-00A0.dts files.

The BB-BONE-AUDI-02-00A0.dts is identical to the one I was compiling and trying
to overlay. But if I use any name other than BB-BONE-AUDIO-02, the device tree
fails to build correctly. I get these errors:

[   30.461783] of_get_named_gpio_flags: can't parse gpios property
[   30.462694] davinci-mcasp 48038000.mcasp: could not find pctldev for node
/ocp/i2c@44e0b000/tps@24/regulators/regulator@1, deferring probe
[   30.462714] davinci-mcasp 48038000.mcasp: pins are not configured from the
driver
[   30.463566] davinci_evm sound.12: ASoC: CODEC (null) not registered
[   30.470941] davinci_evm sound.12: snd_soc_register_card failed (-517)
[   30.485116] platform sound.12: Driver davinci_evm requests probe deferral

This is exactly the same error I get when I try to apply MY dtbo.

My only thought is that my dtc is different from the one used to build the dtbo
in the bb-kernel build? When building the 3.8.13-bone72 kernel, you say the
files are contained within it. How can I find the bytes of the compiled dtbo to
compare?

My dtc is:

        $ dtc --version
        Version: DTC 1.4.1-g15342ec5