I am updating my images ((3.8.13-bone68) and looking to make new images for
cloning from SD card to eMMC

My process is to setup beaglebone as required and then run
/opt/scripts/tools/eMMC/beaglebone-black-make-microSD-flasher-from-eMMC.sh
after first changing directory to /opt/scripts/tools and issuing a git pull
to get the lastest scripts.

Creating SD image works as expected.

However when cloning from SD to eMMC (in powered off board, insert SD card,
hold boot button and power up board and wait for power down) the
destination board is not closing down. I then hooked up serial to usb cable
and monitored output. I see the script is getting called and message "eMMC
has been flashed: please wait for device to power down" is being displayed.
However the device is not shutting down and appears to be restarting.

Looking at  init-eMMC-flasher-v3.sh script function copy_rootfs () I see:

 message="eMMC has been flashed: please wait for device to power down." ;
broadcast
 message="-----------------------------" ; broadcast

 flush_cache
 #To properly shudown, /opt/scripts/boot/am335x_evm.sh is going to call
halt:
 exec /sbin/init
 #halt -f

The last line is calling /sbin/init and halt is commented out - is this
correct? I'd assume if you wanted to shutdown using init you'd need to
calling init 0 and not just init.

Thanks
Colin