Hello,

I have a very strange issue that I cannot seem to work out and get more
info for!

We have a BBB Rev C that is powered via the 5V header pins.  It also uses
UART2 heavily (3MBps) and this is configured using the built in BB-UART2
device tree overlay.

The board is running...

BeagleBoard.org Debian Image 2015-10-04

4.1.13-ti-r31

What seems to happen is that the board drops off the network and also the
serial debug cable I have attached becomes unresponsive.  Nothing had been
logged in the console at all on the serial cable and when it boots back up
there is nothing in any of the previous syslogs at all to give even the
hint of anything happening.

What is even more puzzling is that the network LED's continue to flash!

To get this back I have to pull power and it then unsurprisingly works ok
after that.

I'm trying to get to the bottom of this but if nothing is logged I don't
know where to go next!

Any ideas at all anyone?